WINTER SPECIAL - waves are firing and the fishing is good :-)
OFF THE GRID LIVING!
VERY RURAL, VERY REAL, AWESOME!
Situated near the mouth of the insanely beautiful mdumbi river in a remote and primitive region of the wild coast we offer holiday and backpacking accommodation.
Your surroundings offer you accommodation situated in a rural and remote area…..faaaar away from the maddening crowds.
Surfing, fishing, river trips, boat hire, canoeing, hiking and biking, snorkeling, bird watching, and horse rides are just to mention a few activities to busy your day.... Or just relax!
The views and access to the beach and river makes this an ideal laid back place to visit and is ideal for the nature lover and outdoor enthusiast who don’t mind roughing it a bit.
- Safe river for swimming and you can walk across on low tide
- River estuaries
- Rare mangrove swamps
- Safe, secluded, beautiful beaches
- Prolific bird life teeming waters with ±800 species of fish
- Surf,rock and river fishing. Deep sea trips can be arranged
- Consistent surf
- River and tidal beach swimming areas on low tide (ideal for the young children)
Our accommodation offers commanding views of the ocean, river, rolling green hills and tshani point with its perfect right hander and beach breaks!
We can accommodate up to 14 guests indoors and 12 guests (3 sites) camping at one time. We offer a self catering or catered for options.
Accommodation is basic, rustic, clean and comfortable and we offer a catered or self-catered option.
• 2 x family rooms (sleeps 4). Each room contains a double bed and double bunk / 2 single beds.
• 1 x double room / family room (sleeps 2). Room contains a double bed.
• 1 x family rondavel (sleeps 4 - extra beds can be arranged). Contains a double bed and 2 single beds.
• Separate self catering communal kitchen / dining makes for social evenings and is equipped with a fridge/freezer, additional freezer, gas stove, the usual kitchen goodies, dining table and seating for 10-12 people.
We offer camping in a very rural setting (fenced within the property). We like to call it "freestyle camping" and it is not your average "aventura" setup. You will need a 4x4 or a good bakkie should you want your vehicle parked at your tent. Your vehicle can securely be left at the main house if need.
We offer 2 camping areas :
• Next to main house and close to ablution. No access for vehicle, but you can park your vehicle right next to the fence. Water tank close by.
• Off-road camping in the bottom of the garden – you will need a 4x4 to access this area.
Ablutions are communal with “rocket showers” (paraffin hot water geysers) and flush toilets.
Cultural Dancing, horse rides, a traditional evening spent with a local Xhosa household (includes traditional meal), a river or beach side braai or picnic, or a peaceful canoe trip up the river can all be arranged.
Contact us for an unbelievable Wildcoast experience!
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.freedomoclock.co.za
Lu : 082 795 3944 | Otto: 071 383 2300