Mtakatyi River Cottage
Set on a serene hillside overlooking the pristine Mtakatyi River, with panoramic ocean, river and forest views, the Old Trading Post at Mtakatyi provides comfortable and affordable Wild Coast holiday accommodation for families and fishermen.
The cottages are situated a pleasant 1km walk, or drive, from the river banks. The river mouth is about a further 4km away, is accessible by foot, vehicle or boat, and has a wealth of birdlife and fish.
The cottage is in the original Mtakatyi Trading Station 10 acre estate, and is securely guarded 24/7.
Located just 75km from Mthatha, The Old Trading Post offers a classic entertainment area with braai facility (BBQ) and panoramic views of the sea and pristine river valley,
TV lounge with flat-screen TV and full DSTV channels is available.
Mtakatyi River is one of the few untouched breeding estuaries and fishing hotspots along the Wild Coast of South Africa.
- 6-Sleeper: three bedrooms with twin / double-beds each
- 2 bathrooms
- Open Plan Lounge / Dining / Kitchen with all amenities
- 50sqm covered wooden deck entertainment area with braai, Great for sunrise coffees, afternoon snoozes, and braaing at sundowners. I.e. All day entertainment and relaxation.
- There are two staff that come in daily, as well as additional staff available should you need assistance with baby-sitting, boat launching, fishing gillies, etc.
- DAY EXCURSIONS TO NEARBY HLULEKA NATURE RESERVE, MDUMBI / COFFEE BAY / HOLE IN THE WALL
We hope you enjoy your stay, and please don't hesitate to contact us with any queries.
Horizontal Tabs Group
Total views: 18,209