Mtakatyi River Cottage:
Set on a serene hillside overlooking the pristine Mtakatyi River, with panoramic ocean, river and forest views, Mtakatyi River Cottage provides comfortable and affordable Wild Coast holiday accommodation for families and fishermen. (Read more...)
We are located 75km from Mthatha.
Mtakatyi River is one of the few untouched breeding estuaries and fishing hotspots along the Wild Coast of South Africa.
The cottage is situated a pleasant 1km walk, or drive, from the river banks. The river mouth is about a further 4km away, is accessible by foot, vehicle or boat, and has a wealth of birdlife and fish.
The cottage is in the original Mtakatyi Trading Station 10 acre estate, and is securely guarded 24/7.
R550 per night for the 3 bedroom cottage, and R150 per additional room, if required.
- 6-Sleeper: three bedrooms with twin / double-beds each
- 2 bathrooms
- Open Plan Lounge / Dining / Kitchen with all amenities
- 50sqm covered wooden deck entertainment area with braai, Great for sunrise coffees, afternoon snoozes, and braaing at sundowners. I.e. All day entertainment and relaxation.
- There are two staff that come in daily, as well as additional staff available should you need assistance with boat launching, fishing gillies, etc..
Things to do include,
- 4X4 / MX ROUTES
- DRIVES TO MDUMBI / COFFEE BAY / HOLE IN THE WALL
- DAY EXCURSIONS TO NEARBY HLULEKA NATURE RESERVE
We hope you enjoy your stay, and please don't hesitate to contact us with any queries.